Is truly a scandal to try this sinful squares because
I believe they will bewitch you & take control of your being.
They might possess addictive qualities.
You've been warned ;) ...
- 1 cup of butter (2 bars, one salted & one unsalted)
- 2 cups of sugar (if you want you can use 1 cup of brown sugar & 1 cup of white sugar)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour ( I use gold medal self rising)
- 2/3 cup of cocoa powder
- two 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of nutella
- 1 cup walnuts (some times I substitute for 1/2 cup walnuts + 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. If they are for my peanut butter lover husband I use peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate chips.)
Preheat the oven 350゜
Mix the butter & sugar then stir in eggs and vanilla. Beat in the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Add the nutella mix and blend in the nuts or chips, or nuts and chips :)
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Make sure you don't overbake because you will dry them. I believe every oven is different and the temperatures vary. Also the kind of pan you use will have an effect on temperature, that is why I just watch them and use the always faithful toothpick test.
Let cool down, resist the temptation of cutting before they are almost cool and remember you are at your own risk if you dare to try them hot ;)